LOCATION: Golden, CO
JOB ID#: 005
We are an engineering technology firm in Golden Colorado seeking a talented, technically strong and “unique” career oriented individual with a “can-do” attitude. We provide network services for clients throughout Colorado. The Senior Network Administrator will be responsible for the designing, troubleshooting and documenting of complex Layer 2 and Layer 3 Networks
Relevant Experience and job requirements:
- Design and develop tests and test requirements for products, systems, software and/or related components and equipment
- Troubleshoots Network issues and documents findings of tests
- Defines testing processes and ensures tests adhere to established standards
- May participate in quality assurance plan development
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced Network engineers
- May serve as technical team or task lead
- Makes changes to methods, design or equipment where necessary
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required
The right candidate will possess knowledge in:
- CDP, LLDP, Ethernet, VLAN, VTP, STP, QNQ and other Data link layer protocols
- IPv4, OSPF, IGRP, IGMP, TCP/IP, MPLS, SNMP and other network layer protocols
- CLI experience preferred
- A strong understanding of network plans, design, topologies
- A strong understanding of wavelength division multiplexing
- A mixture of serial and Ethernet communication skills desired
- Basic computer skills in hardware and software, to include Microsoft Office, Windows OS, Cisco IOS and various hand held devices
- Experience Cisco routers and Switches
- Experience in layer 2 switches such as Cisco, Ciena, and Brocade….etc.
- Some familiarity with wireless IEEE 80211g will be needed
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work individually and in a team
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical discipline or related experience equivalent. Any Cisco certificates will be strongly considered.
5-10 years’ experience in network management, optical networks or related IT field.
This is a day shift position.
Commensurate based on experience
SHARE WITH YOUR NETWORK
We look forward to Hearing From You!
Please use the form here to submit your application for this position. You can upload a resume and cover letter when sending your contact information.
Navjoy collects your personal data for the purposes of managing our recruitment related activities as well as for organizational planning purposes globally. Consequently, Navjoy may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants including, for example, setting up and conducting interviews and tests, evaluating and assessing the results thereto and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment processes including the final recruitment.
We do not disclose your personal data to unauthorized third parties.