Field Data Collection Specialist
We are an engineering technology firm in Golden, CO, seeking a talented, technically strong, and “unique” career-oriented individual with a “can-do” attitude. The Field Data Collection Specialist must be able to accurately collect traffic asset data in the field and should clearly understand the purpose and scope of data collection projects based on client needs.
We provide asset management related field services for clients in the Denver Metropolitan Region and Colorado. We anticipate 95% of the field technician's daily tasks will consist of using a tablet device and proprietary software for asset data collection. Assets may consist of traffic signs, guardrails, pull boxes, fiber optic cable and splices, traffic signals, traffic cabinets, etc. Some projects require additional processing for client delivery, such as work orders or presentations.
Normal working hours are 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Some of the work may require occasional overnight travel within Colorado.
- Comfortable using tablet devices in the field to collect data
- Comfortable working in field in varying weather, environmental, and traffic conditions
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have a clean driving record & be able to provide MVR (motor vehicle record)
- Must successfully pass a drug test and federal background check
- Must learn and adhere to all field safety standards
- Must be highly organized
- Must display strong work ethic, punctuality, and attendance
- Basic knowledge of using Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, etc.
- Capable of learning new technologies, tools, etc.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to troubleshoot and communicate issues with manager
- Ability to identify and recommend data collection process improvements
- NO experience needed, will provide training
- Associates or technical degree, preferred but NOT required
- At least one or two years of prior experience working outdoors, preferably collecting data
- Knowledge of traffic assets (traffic signs, guardrails, traffic signals, traffic cabinet, etc.)
- Working knowledge and experience with Cartegraph for traffic sign asset collection
- Ability to understand and interpret data using dashboards and charts
- Familiarity with Denver-metro area and Colorado
- Knowledge of field safety
Must be able to join the firm within 2 weeks after position is offered
If interested, apply by clicking the "Apply" button below
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
• $1,500 sign-on bonus paid after 90 days
• $41,600 Annual salary and benefits